Arbtech is a market leader in arboricultural and ecological surveys. Since ecological surveys are a very niche market, Arbtech required an industry leading website that increased performance and focused on improving the number of new online enquiries.
The existing site converted traffic at a reasonable rate but we believed improvements could be made by improving the content, positioning of call to actions and quality of content surrounding these.
The new website was to act as the platform for growth over the coming years so we identified WordPress as the most economical and practical content management system for the project. Its stability, security and access to a wider variety of 3rd party plugins made the platform ideal for the new site.
Arbtech already had a mature online marketing campaign with established SEO and PPC channels. This heavily influenced our approach to the project.
Arbtech’s strong base of site optimisation meant we were able to use their existing data and analytics to understand the user journey and identify important pages for SEO in terms of traffic, links and social to initiate a migration plan. This maintained the trust and authority of the site within the search engines.
Using the insight, we placed key pages prominently within the site structure and page analytics assisted placement of content, statements of confidence and call to actions.
The business model that Arbtech maintained was based on high volume, low-cost cases as opposed to the more complex projects that some of the competitor sites targeted.
The new website design had to reflect this, focusing on nurturing online conversion with little interaction between Arbtech and their customers.
The results were clean, conversion focused, content-rich pages that clearly communicated proposition, price, and unique selling points of Arbtech to the target audience.
We identified WordPress as the most economical and practical content management system for the project. Its stability, security and access a wider variety of 3rd party plugins made the platform ideal for the new site.
With an increasing use of multiple devices, a mobile-first approach to design and development was taken.
An increase across all user metrics allowed for better targeting and higher investment in paid search. The increased exposure enabled the paid media team to better target the campaigns across device, demographic and location.
The migration strategy ensured a smooth transition between the old design and the new more conversion focused site. Again, key user metrics showed improvement across the board.
The project was a complete success helping increase leads, revenue and sales across the board, more than justifying the investment made.